IYSL Rules and Regulations
Irvine Youth Soccer League (IYSL) will be establishing teams and all players ages U7 and older will be placed on teams. IYSL will follow US Youth Soccer Guidelines wherever possible. This includes an emphasis on small sided play.
Rules that apply to all age groups:
- Only players registered & assigned to the team may play. (Except U5)
- Players must wear Soccer cleats, No Football or baseball cleats allowed.
- Shin Guards must be worn by all players
- Substitutions can be made at any game stoppage with referee permission
- Coaches are encouraged to keep the score differential No more than 5 goals.
- All Free-Kicks are indirect. Opponents must be 8 yards away from the ball
- Teams must be on the same side of the field
- Parents must be on the opposite side of the field from the teams mirroring their team.
- No one allowed behind or around the goals
- Referee decisions are final
- Fouls and Misconduct: Conform to FIFA with the exception that all fouls shall result in a direct free kick. The referee must explain ALL infringements to the offending player. No cards shown for misconduct.
- Free Kicks: Conform to FIFA with the exceptions that all kicks are direct and all opponents are at least four (4) yards from the ball until it is in play.
- The Corner Kick: Conform to FIFA with the exception that opponents remain at least four (4) yards from the ball until it is in play.
- All FIFA Laws of the game will be enforced unless otherwise stated.
FIFA Laws of the Game can be found at www.ussoccer.com/referees.